6 Best Places to Go Camping This Summer
Summer is one of the seasons that many people look forward to. Not only is it a great time to eat your favourite ice cream and wear comfy and stylish outfits, but it is also the perfect time to go outdoors. Just feeling the warmth from the sun's rays could motivate you to go outside and enjoy a lot of outdoor activities. The summer season is also the time when you can go to the beach or go camping with your friends and family.
Where to Go Camping This Summer
There are a lot of things that you can do during the summer season. You can go swimming, surfing, and do other water recreational activities. It is also the best time to take road trips and explore beaches, resorts, natural parks, and other must-visit areas. If you want to take an adventure together with your friends, camping is one of the things that you should try.
Here are some of the numerous Canadian camping sites you can visit this summer:
- Alice Lake Provincial Park - This location is surrounded by towering mountains and trees, making it ideal for rock climbing. It is one of the reasons why many tourists visit this provincial park. Not only that, but Alice Lake Provincial Park is also perfect for mountain biking and hiking. Moreover, families may choose from the four lakes within the site. They can go fishing, swimming or have an evening stroll at night.
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park - This place is perfect for hiking, golfing, and horseback riding. You may do these activities with your family while exploring the vicinity. The Equestrian Campground located in Cypress Hills is also an ideal area for family picnics. Children can enjoy the vast playground - it is recommended that they are under the supervision of an adult - while parents can have a delicious barbeque dinner.
- Fundy National Park - If you want to discover Canada’s spectacular waterfalls, you may go camping in Fundy National Park. You may set up a hammock or tent while watching a striking view of the world’s highest tides. Chignecto Campground is one of the campsites where you and your family can stay. The amenities include showers, washrooms, and a playground for children. Families can enjoy cycling, kayaking, and snorkelling in the place.
- Mount Robson Provincial Park - One of the best places to watch the majestic view of Mt. Robson is to go camping in Berg Lake Campground located in Mt. Robson Provincial Park. Besides sight-seeing, you can also enjoy trekking and hiking. One amazing fact about the park is its inclusion in the UNESCO World Heritage list. Exploring the area can give you fascinating views of its natural beauty including canyons, glaciers, and lakes.
- Nopiming Provincial Park - If you want to go camping with a large group of people, then you may choose the Tulabi Falls Campground as your camping destination. It is situated in Nopiming Provincial Park in Manitoba. The place offers astonishing views of lakes and rivers where you can go swimming and fishing.
- Saguenay Fjord National Park - Going to this site can give you the opportunity to witness how the Saguenay River merges with St. Lawrence River. The park has 50 campsites where you can set up hammocks or tents or bring recreational vehicles. One of the campgrounds that you may want to visit is the Le Bleuvet Campground where you can go sailing and swimming.
What to Do in the Campsites?
Boating, fishing, biking, and hiking are just some of the activities that you could do when you go camping. Other than these, you have a lot of choices to pick from to make your summer more exciting. Here are some fun things to do at campsites:
Do easy sports. You can be more active this summer. If there's an open field at your campsite, you can play baseball, football, frisbee, golf, soccer, and other sports. If your camping is near to rock formations or woods, you can do rock climbing and tree climbing.
Do more in the water. Apart from swimming, boating, and fishing, there's a lot of water activities that you can try. If your campsite is near a lake, pool, or river, you can go water skiing, snorkelling, or zorbing. If there are no bodies of water at your campsite, you can still have fun with it. Play with water balloons or squirt guns with your friends and family.
Find time to relax. Summer season can give you time for a vacation. It is when you can go to other places and be with your loved ones. Use this season to unwind from any stress that you are experiencing. Try to lie down in an open field and feel the breeze in the morning or do stargazing at night. You may also start a bonfire and sing along with your friends.
Play games. Another way to add fun to your camping experience is to play some interesting games. You can choose from board games or card games. These are perfect for playing while having a picnic or late at night once everyone has gathered inside the tent or near the campsite.
Wander around. Camping is a great opportunity to bond with your family and friends. It is also the time when you can explore new places. Try to wander around - but not too far, just enough so that you are aware of how to get back to the campsite safely- and enjoy the breathtaking scenery.
Camping is one of the exciting events that you can do this summer. It is a great opportunity to spend time with your family and friends. Follow your wanderlust and be more active during this time!