Using Essential Oil Diffusers in Meditation
It is wonderful to have a home where you can relax from all the stressful situations that you encounter in your daily life. This is why it is important to create a more comfortable and peaceful environment inside your house.
There are different ways to make a home more relaxing. One of these is to add an essential oil diffuser that disperses oils into the air.
These essential oils do not only clean the air by reducing the airborne bacteria, but they also provide a soothing feeling inside the home.
The Benefits of Using An Essential Oil Diffuser
Some homeowners place essential oil diffusers in their living rooms. These diffusers help to disperse the essential oils into the air. Essential oil diffusers can bring relaxation to you, your family, and guests. The list below are some of the reasons why you may want to have an essential oil diffuser in your house:
1. It boosts the immune system. Oils like camphor, clove, peppermint and tea tree have antibacterial and antiviral effects that can boost your immunity against diseases. Inhaling essential oils can also increase your energy levels.
2. It promotes respiratory health. The essential oils, like eucalyptus, lavender, and lemon are suitable for your respiratory health. Inhaling these oils can decrease the risks of having respiratory tract inflammation.
3. It helps in weight loss. Grapefruit, orange, and ylang-ylang are essential oils that you can inhale to control an increased appetite. These oils interact with your limbic system that limits the harmful habit of overeating. When you have a controlled appetite and a balanced diet, you can start leading a healthier lifestyle.
4. It promotes quality sleep. Essential oils like bergamot, lavender, and sandalwood help you sleep well. Once inhaled, they can trigger the release of hormones such as dopamine and serotonin that can give you quality sleep.
5. It alleviates stress. One of the main functions of essential oil diffusers is to bring relaxation. They can improve your mood by relieving your stress and anxiety. Oils like lavender and neroli can provide calmness when inhaled.
How to Apply Essential Oils
Meditation is one of the ancient techniques that helps you achieve calmness. Engaging yourself into regular meditative practices can help you alleviate your stress and anxiety. With meditation, you can train your mind to stay calm in times of stressful situations. It also gets rid of unwanted thoughts - helping you focus more on the positive things.
If you haven't started meditation yet, it is not too late to try it. As a beginner, you may face some difficulties at first, knowing that there are distractions everywhere. You can use essential oils that can help you become more focused while performing the practice. Inhaling diffused essential oils can add a soothing feeling - making your body more relaxed.
How can you use essential oils in meditation? There are several ways to do these. Here are two techniques:
1. Apply aromatherapy by using an essential oil diffuser. The diffuser will release the oil into the air. Using aromatherapy while meditating can help in stimulating your senses which also adds relaxation
2. Apply the essential oils directly to your skin. You may want to apply it on your pulse points for self-inhalation.
Essential Oils You Can Use in Meditation
There are many essential oils that you can use in meditation. Listed below are some oils that you can try:
1. Clary Sage - It is a vital antidepressant oil that can improve your mood if you are feeling a bit down. Diffusing it in the air before meditation can give you a positive feeling.
2. Eucalyptus - It is mentioned earlier that eucalyptus promotes respiratory health. With this, you can place this essential oil in the diffuser and inhale its aroma to clear the blocked airways, especially if you are experiencing heavy breathing. Using eucalyptus can help you avoid chest tightness and inflamed airways as well.
3. Frankincense - If you are suffering from heavy breathing, you can use this essential oil to clear your nasal passages. It also relieves your pain and stress. Frankincense also helps improve your energy levels.
4. Lavender - It is used as both antidepressant and relaxant - making it one of the best essential oils in meditation. If you have intrusive thoughts and you want to achieve clarity and peace of mind, you can try lavender. It has calming properties that can enlighten your mind before practicing meditation.
5. Myrrh - It is a powerful fragrance that can heighten your emotions. It is beneficial in meditation because of its calming and grounding effects. It gives clarity to the person who inhales it.
6. Neroli - It is an anticonvulsant oil that reduces pain and inflammation. It also decreases the stress hormone, cortisol. Diffusing this in the air can help you alleviate anxiety - improving your mood before meditation.
7. Patchouli - Just like wine, the oil is more beneficial as time passes by. It makes you more relaxed while doing sitting meditation. Patchouli also serves as insect repellants.
8. Sandalwood - Once released in the air, anyone who will inhale it can acquire clarity and peace of mind. Meditation practitioners use this essential oil to silent their mind - giving them the ability to focus and relax while meditating.
9. Vetiver - It is very relaxing and soothing. Once inhaled, it can help you focus on your breath while soothing your mind. This essential oil is recommended if you are stressed, and you want to unwind. You can combine it with other oils because it has a strong aroma.
10. Ylang-Ylang - Its aroma is powerful that it may even cause a headache to the person who inhales it for the first time. However, diffusing it properly in the air can help relieve stress and anxiety. It creates a cheerful environment, so if you are feeling stressed out, you can spread it in the air while meditating.
Having an essential oil diffuser at your house does not only serve as home improvement, but it can also benefit your health. Besides, essential oil diffusers can be used while practicing meditation. Since there are many essential oils, it is vital to know which one is more suitable for your home environment and yourself.